Peter Vogel provides up to date CMI Professional and his software recreation from the traditional Fairlight CMI .
Here is what’s new within CMI Pro 1 . 5:
- Major App rewrite, with lots of enhancements.
- Audiobus support, both output and input. Deliver any audio to other apps, or sample new voices through the output of some other apps.
- New Synthesizer and Sequencer Motors. Better precision, lower CPU utilize, new features like polyphonic programs.
- Background synth and song enjoying. Play your song in the history, or use exterior keyboards to play your selected voices while yet another app with the foreground. Perfect for looping.
- Stereo voices, voices through MP3, see waveforms and play sounds before importing them.
- Web page R step/pattern navigation whilst playing. No need to stop 1st.
- Skip the startup floppy disk to get directly into producing.
CMI Professional will likely be ‘part midi gamer, part creative tool and part historical past lesson’, and was developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the initial CMI within the ’80s.
Remember that some love the retro user interface, while others find that the actual old-school approach isn’t as user-friendly as they’re used to.
Peter Vogel CMI Professional is available in the App Store for $49. 99.
If you have used CMI Professional, inform us that which you think of it!